Monday, December 14, 2009

attended my cousin's wedding over the weekend, and felt happy for him and for the opportunity to our whole family to gather for more joyous occasions. the past few months since my cousin's passing had been gloomy, and it doesn't help that... lately my nephew (his son) has some issues that made the whole family worried and troubled over him.

my aunt accidentally blurted out my late cousin's name during one of the conversations over the cocktail reception. a genuine slip of the tongue. I think I was the only who heard it. Seeing the sadness that momentarily glistened in her eyes, I gave her arm a squeeze in a brief hug... just to let her know I share her pain. we all do. yes... we can't help but think of him during times like this... 'there should have been one more table', 'he should have been here' and etc. but well, since it was a joyous occasions we all diverted our attention away from the topic...

naturally, I got some attention being one of the next few in line to be married. my 'poor' cousins, their own younger brother beat them to being married... so they got a bit more of 'pressure' to get hitched. anyone knows gd bf- or husband/wife- material please gimme a ring! my cousins are eligible and in their early thirties! :P

pictures are up in FB, since its a more private affair, I guess I won't upload their pics here.

today, in short, was a damn chaotic start of the week for me. I forgot my bunch of keys. and trust me, you don't want that when you are the only one left with keys and you need to run two places b4 11am. and guess what? cabs were mysteriously full for the 15 minutes I was standing at Jurong Town Hall Road. ARGH.

but the consolation I had was that my meeting was quite relaxed today and... I gave myself an early Xmas present.

splurged on Shu Uemura's cosmetics, bought over the counter :X yeah yeah. its sorta an impulse but a good investment. got some free gifts from my purchases (worthy gifts of cos, :P) and next time I'll revert to buying online. keke.

looking forward to Jer's dinner for his friends at his place this Friday! we've been planning since some time ago. Like I said b4, he's inviting some of his frens over (hello! I think some of you were given my blog url :P) and he's whipping up some simple dishes... I'm the appointed helper/dishwasher/waitress/cleaner/insert whatever 'cha pa lang' role of the night. HAHA.

and of cos my dearest GSS exchg friends... I'll see you on Wed (: can't wait!

No comments: