Sunday, December 20, 2009

did you know that Post-Its were invented by a mere 'accident' at work? some employee accidentally toppled some kinda glue over some papers. when it dried later on, he discovered that the paper had some kind of adhesive and could be stuck & removed and he had a brainwave abt what it could be used for.

I sort of stumbled on sth like that while trying to make truffles for jer's family ytd. like I said, I got ready a second batch in case there wasn't enough for the party. so while jer was away at work I thought I could make those truffles and keep for his family. turns out that because I used normal whipping cream (instead of thickened cream, becos he got some extras from the pasta ingredients) it really couldn't harden. but you know what?

It turned out even better, although it couldn't harden its became this thick creamy chocolatey mousse. Not as airy as your typical mousse, but richer, slightly thicker & very very chocolatey. we decided that next time we would add blueberries, strawberries or some ground nuts to make it an even more delightful dessert. I'm happy just to see them scooping it out and eating it all up from the spoon. mission accomplished! (:

No comments: