Wednesday, December 09, 2009

everytime I come back from a trip, no matter how near/far the destination is, I get an urge to equip my laptop with Photoshop so I can learn all the editing tools & beautify my pictures. but till now PS is still not installed on my com. So I resorted to downloading free photoediting software online to help in editing.

Found Picasca (I think that's how its spelt?) which is an application from google. I think its pretty user friendly though I took some time to familiarize with the layout and functions. I love it for its collage function and is already experimenting with different layouts.

I'm thinking... maybe I can use it as a banner for this blog? let's just find me some time to play around with HTML codes and you guys will be the first to see if it works.

on a more solemn note... went to the temple to offer joss sticks to my cousin today. its the 49th day rituals and I decided to drop by instead of participating in the rituals. mum was concerned as to the annual leave I'm taking recently since I just went to Hanoi. so my bro cleared his off to 'represent' us instead.

if my cousin was still around, he would have ran in the marathon the last weekend. his family received the chip & his number tag & they put it beside his urn. Its been almost 2 months, and each of us is still dealing with his passing. I don't think any of us will really get over it because his departure was so very sudden. these few weeks, when my mum mentioned him and the things he did/bought for her... sometimes I still feel my tears welling up.

hai! have not openly thanked him for all that he did for me, and this will be the regret of my life. next time I will tell my kids how great he was and he will be remembered in our family (:

the year is coming to a close, and inevitably I reflect on the past year and many memories surfaced - the good and the I-want-to-forget. time to pack my room and throw out things that are cluttering my room! and hopefulle usher in a fresh start.

No comments: